Today whilst scrolling through Instagram ( I love that little explore feature) I clicked on a couple of interesting pictures and they mentioned the little things they were grateful for. Instant mod booster. Reading other peoples blessings makes you, or at least it makes me, take a moment to reflect; what has been the little things that have made me grateful for that day, week, month, life?
*Our little stone fire place. We had a planned power outage here this morning (crews working on hydro poles). It was only an hour, but we had a nice little fire going. It’s a little Pacific Energy wood burning insert. It has an electric fan built in, but we barely turn in on because that baby pumps out the heat. It’s surrounded by an awesome, what-sold-me-on-this-place, stone fireplace. The insert is a modern up grade, but the fireplace is original to our 60 yr old cottage. I could go on and on about it, clearly…
*Baking. Baking is something I find very soothing. It’s my art, my creative outlet. I get excited about trying new recipes. I love pinterest as a result. So many recipes. *drool* It’s also helped significantly with our zero waste/minimalist lifestyle. I bake our bread, make banana muffins, cookies and granola, among other things. I’ve also become more confident with cooking meals. Though waffles for dinner is always my fall back.
* Peanut butter and banana smoothies. So good for breakfast. Probably not the healthiest thing…but you know…I don’t care. Here’s the super specific recipe if you’re interested…
- in a blender…
- milk (any milk dairy or otherwise). More milk equals thinner smoothie.
- 1 frozen banana.
- big glob of all natural peanut butter. I love the Adam’s brand. It’s yummy and comes in a glass jar.
- cocoa powder (however much you like, but it can get bitter if you add too much)
- around a tsp of cinnamon.
- about 3 tbsp of hemp seeds. Cuz their good for you.
- blend and enjoy
So that’s today. What are you grateful for?